If you missed the fun, you didn’t really miss out — you can visit the restaurants participating in the event and try their dish for the next few weeks, voting for your favorite by text (get info at the restaurant).
After that, you’ll want to get tickets for the Food Fight’s Final Cut, scheduled for Thurs., April 2. At that event, the two chefs who have received the most votes will go head-to-head — and this time, only one can be a winner.
Feast photographer Micah Usher was on hand to witness all the first round fun. Check out our photo gallery above, and then make plans to visit the restaurants in question. Your favorites need your vote to be crowned the champion.
When: Thu., March 5, 6:30 to 9:30pm (First Course); Thu., April 2, 7 to 10pm (Final Cut)
Where: Hollywood Casino; 777 Casino Center Dr., Maryland Heights
Tickets: $75 for Final Cut
More Info: stlouis.cbslocal.com
This year’s Food Fight will pit St. Louis chefs in a battle to see which dish knocks all of the others out.
At the First Course event at Hollywood Casino, you will meet all of the participating chefs and sample each of the Food Fight dishes, specially created for this event. Get a taste of the Food Fight dishes from each of these contenders:
- Michael Del Pietro, Tavolo V
- Ryan McDonald and Aleks Jovanovic, Truffles
- Adam Lambay and Jennifer Johnson, Grapevine Grill at Chaumette Winery
- Katie Lee Collier, Katie’s Pizza & Pasta Osteria
- Russell Ping, Russell’s Café
- Wil Pelly, Sanctuaria
- Haley Riley, Salt + Smoke
- Mike Johnson, Sugarfire Smoke House
- John Dill, Hollywood Casino
- Pierpaolo Pittia, Final Cut Restaurant
- Brian Menzel and Mike Vandivort, Bella Vino Wine Bar
- Aaron Teitelbaum, Herbie’s Vintage ’72
Then, through out the month of March, each restaurant will offer the dish on its menu and you’ll be able to vote for your favorite. On April 2, the two chefs with the highest number of votes will square off in a live cooking competition held at Final Cut Restaurant (details coming soon!)
Hungry for more Midwest food-scene news? Follow Feast on: